An extraordinary man who won five Olympic gold medals, three in the classic distances in 1952 Helsinki Olympics in 5000 m,10 000 m and the marathon over eight days.
A generous athlete towards his fellow runners ” he lightened people’s lives ” . He even gave one of his gold medals to fellow runner as he felt he deserved one. As an athlete , peace activist and a human being he rewrote the record books , redrew the boundaries of endurance.
Emil’s quote ” If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon ”
Friday 7th December – Saturday 8th December 2018
Friday, 7th December
Pre-Race motivational talks and Q&A with Running Legends from around the world at 19:00 in the Quality Hotel.
Saturday, 8th December (Race Day)
* AAI cert and Jonas Counter measured course, fully insured.
* 250 ml sports cap bottles with water stations every 3 miles.
* 3 energy stations on Full marathon route (1 for the Half marathon) with jellies, cola, water and Jaffa cakes bananas.
* Chip timing by My Run Results Ltd.
* Bespoke & Unique Medals.
* Limited Edition Technical Running Finishers Top.
Additional Perks for when you Register for a C.W.M event:
* Personalised Race Certificate
*Personalised Bib with name (Must be registered before 26 Nov )
* Professional photos taken at the C.W.M. Photo walls upon completion.
* Free Use of Shower, Swimming Pool and Saunas in Quality Hotel.
* Massages by local physical therapist Meadbh O’leary
*Teas & Coffees, Cola, Water, Biscuits, & Nature Valley Oat bars and;
* World-famous Clonakilty Black & white Pudding and sausages to enjoy at the finish.
Welcome Home :) :) xx
stories, photos, videos and more from Clonakilty Waterfront Marathon
We are humbled by the kind words said, and for the joy experienced today. All of this would not be possible without so many people both on the front line and in the background. We sincerely wish to thank all of our volunteers out at the water stations and directing traffic all day in challenging […]
That’s right ! You have 8 days to taper, 8 days to rest , 8 days plan your Christmas shopping list, 8 days to meditate, 8 days to do random acts of kindness… This year is the Infinitive year ,Clon VIII. Embrace life & love and Embrace Peace xx
Congratulations Jill McCann from Omagh ! Winner of a complimentary entry to Belfast City Marathon on May 7th 2018. Have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to see you again in Clonakilty ,West Cork .
Why not take the opportunity to dress up for fun and have your Christmas party at the same weekend as the Clonakilty Waterfront Marathon in Clonakilty, West Cork ? There are so much to see and do in Clonakilty and if you wonder where can we stay ? Then please visit http://www.clonakilty.ie/stay In addition, there is […]
Delighted that Team Hoyt Running Chair was used for the very first time in an annual race called ” Världens Barn ” in Sweden. This year we had the pleasure to lend out the stunning race chair to Marita Andersson and her grandson Nino. Well done on a great day amongst another 1400 participants ! […]